Leasing FAQs for Prospective Residents
How long will it take to find out if my application is approved?
CoreLogic Rental Score provides an instant decision.
What is the required security deposit?
The standard security deposit is $500 for qualified applicants. Additional security deposit or co-signer may be required for approval.
What does the restoration fee cover?
The restoration fee reserves your apartment during the application process and becomes a non-refundable restoration fee at move in. At move out, the restoration fee covers the standard carpet cleaning and basic apartment/townhome cleaning.
Do you allow pets?
Westgate is pet friendly and welcomes pets into the community under the following conditions:
- Small dog, cats and rabbits are permitted. Any aggressive-breed dogs including full or mixed breed American Staffordshire Terriers, Pit Bull Terriers, Rottweiler, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Wolf Hybrids, Alaskan Malamutes, Presna Canarios, and Cane Corsos are not allowed on Westgate property.
- Ferrets, Snakes, Arachnids, and Venomous creatures are not permitted.
- Must be in compliance with State and Local licensing and inoculation requirements.
- Residents are responsible for the behavior of their pets; including noise and clean up.
- Service animals are permitted in accordance with Fair Housing & ADA regulations.
- If any animal shows aggressive tendencies on our property, regardless of breed, the owner will be notified to remove the animal.
- Pet Friendly – Maximum of 2 pets (no weight limit)
- Fees Per Pet: $25 monthly plus $200 non-refundable
- All pet fees are non-refundable
Visit our pet information
What utilities are included?
Residents pay a monthly flat rate utility fee to offset the cost of gas, water, sewer and trash removal. The utility fees are as follows:
- EFF -- $65
- 1BR -- $80
- 2BR -- $95
- 3BR -- $105
- TH -- $115
The residents are responsible for electricity. Any optional phone, internet and cable services are also the responsibility of the resident.
Who do I get my telephone, internet, and cable through?
Electric – NOVEC – 703-335-0500
Telephone – Verizon – 1-800-483-4000
Comcast Cable, Phone & Internet – Contact local Comcast Rep - Paul Conklin at (571) 499-9427.
How to put in a maintenance request?
If you have a maintenance request Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., please call (703) 361-5779 or stop by their office located on the backside of 8066 Ashland Avenue. For afterhours maintenance service please call (703) 361-5779 and press #1 for non-emergency or #2 for emergency service.
Click on the links to download the current leasing documents
Conditional Deposit Addendum
Management Services Corporation (MSC)
and Westgate Apartments and Townhomes strongly support the applicable Federal, State, and Local Fair Housing laws in both spirit and actual practice. All policies set by MSC and Westgate Apartments and Townhomes are to be strictly adhered to without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, elderliness, or familial status. All prospects are to be treated in the same manner when marketing an apartment or rental property. Guidelines for acceptance of a lease agreement for all applicants are outlined in the Applicant Criteria